welcome redditors!to snoo-finity ... and beyond!
Welcome to yssya1992's page.
Contributor score: 2
School:


Comments ...

 +0  (nbme21#31)

The idea to know its a somatic pain so in other choices only its could be phrenic or intercostal Phrenic usually will mentioned radiating to shoulder in adition what mentioned above about phernic nerve innervation for parietal pleural


 +0  (nbme21#31)

The idea to know its a somatic pain so in other choices only its could be phrenic or intercostal Phrenic usually will mentioned radiating to shoulder in adition what mentioned above about phernic nerve innervation for parietal pleural





Subcomments ...

submitted by kentuckyfan(21),

I get why the mixed venous oxygen tension decreased. However,, isn't the systemic vascular resistance also decreased?

yb_26  no, decreased CO => peripheral vasoconstriction => SVR will be increased +2  
yssya1992  No SVR will increase due to RAAS and SAN thats why we decrease afterload in HF treatment ( ACEI, ARBs ) +2  
snafull  Wouldn't pulmonary vascular resistance also be decreased here due to pulmonary vasodilation in the setting of an MI? +  
cienfuegos  @snafull: my initial thought is that we would see pulmonary vasoconstriction because of the relatively low oxygen tension (that results from the low cardiac output). +1  


submitted by imgdoc(33),

Basically this question just asks "what is power" and asks you to explain that 80% power. Power is 1 - beta (type 2 error), basically when a difference exists and the null hypothesis is rejected is power. So if the Rx detects a mean difference of 0.4 in asthma in the patients in the treatment group, then that data falls in the 80% power range, and its significance is 95% (p<0.05), P value is just the probability of something happening by chance, so you what this to be less that 5% so whatever you observed isn't bullshit.

I hope this helped, and correct me if I'm wrong.

yssya1992  I have a question : whats the relation then between power and P value ? +  
privatejoker  This one took me a minute and was during the last block so my brain was already fried. But my reasoning was that, as stated above, since it gave you power, it is basically just a long-winded way of asking what Power is, and how this relates to p-value. P-value is the odds that the finding was due to chance alone. Obviously a p-value set to <0.05 implies a greater than 95% chance that the finding is legit. Since the power is said to be 80%, this means that there is an 80% chance that the study finding is legit, at least insomuch that it met the pre-set criteria of being 95% non-chance related. +  
sahusema  80% chance (power) the study correctly identifies the existence of an association in reality. If an association is determined to exist, >95% chance the study and reality agree with each other (p<.05) +